BSc education in forest engineering, MSc and Ph.D. studies in Soil erosion and torrent control. Almost 30 years of educative scientific and applicative work in the field “Land and water” – soil erosion, geospatial hydrology and torrent control. Hydrological hazard/risk management.
Participated in 70 projects mainly financed by foreign institutions, Fluent in WFD principles (author of “Manual for preparation river basin management plan”).
Member of the Scientific council of Centre for Environment and materials, within Macedonian Academy of Science and Art (MANU) – 2014 – on-going
Member of the Expert’s council of the Minister of Environment and Spatial Planning of the Republic of Macedonia 1999-2001, 2008-2012
Member of scientific committee on 11 international scientific conferences, Member of editorial board and reviewer of few journal, Reviewer of scientific projects, textbooks, Mentor of 3 Ph.D., 4 MSc and 52 BSc candidates, Member of commissions for Ph.D. defence in other institutions in Skopje and Serbia, Member of various working groups,
Author/co-author of 4 textbooks, 6 internal scripts, chapters in 4 monographs.
The most important recent papers:
- Blinkov I., Trendafilov A. (2007) – Soil erosion in Macedonia (chapter I.24), – Soil erosion in Europe, monograph; Editors: John Boardman University of Oxford, UK; Jean Poesen, Katolieke University Leuven, Belgium; Wiley&Sons,
- Blinkov I., Kostadinov S., Marinov I.,Comparison of Erosion and Erosion Control Works in Macedonia, Serbia and Bulgaria, Journal ISWCR – International Soil and Water Conservation Research, vol.1, Nro.3 – December 2013, pp 15-28, Beijing, China, 2013
- Blinkov I., An approach for conversion of erosion data produced by EPM method in weight measure, Advances in GEOECOLOGY 43 – Challenges: Sustainable Land Management – Climate Change, M. Zlatic and S. Kostadinov (Editors), ISBN 978-3-510-65381-2, CATENA VERLAG GMBH Armelgasse 11, D-35447 Reiskirchen, Germany, pgs. 109-119, 2014
- Blinkov I.: Review and comparison of water erosion intensity in the Western Balkan and EU countries, Journal Contributions Section of Mathematical and technical Sciences, Macedonian Academy of Science and Art (MASA), 36(1), 2015, pgs.27-42, 2015
- Blinkov I.: The Balkans, the most erosive part of Europe, Journal Bulletin of the Faculty of Forestry 110, University of Belgrade ‐ Faculty of Forestry, Belgrade, (09‐20), DOI:10.2298/GSF1511009B, 2015,
- Blinkov I., Rapid diagnostic of the catastrophic event happened on 3rd august 2015 in the Polog region, The third world conference of World Association of Soil and Water Conservation – New challenges and strategies of soil and water conservation in the changing world sustainable management of soil and water resources, August 22-26, 2016, Belgrade/ Serbia